Connect with us

NFL

Megachurch founder and Trump ally to surrender on child sexual abuse charges

Published

on

A former pastor and founder of a Texas megachurch is expected to turn himself into Oklahoma authorities on child sexual abuse charges.

Robert Preston Morris, 63, resigned last year as pastor of Gateway Church in the Dallas suburb of Southlake after a woman accused him of sexually abusing her in the 1980s.

He was charged last week with five counts of lewd or indecent acts with a child and is expected to surrender to officials in Osage County on Monday, his attorney Mack Martin said.

He said he anticipated entering a not guilty plea on Morris’ behalf but declined to comment on the charges.

Court records show an Osage County judge set a $50,000 bond and ordered Morris to surrender his passport to the local sheriff.

The alleged abuse started in 1982 when the victim, referred to in the indictment as C.C., was 12 years old and Morris was a traveling evangelist staying in Hominy, Oklahoma, with her family, according to the attorney general’s office. The abuse allegedly continued for four years.

Cindy Clemishire, Morris’ accuser, said in a statement that she is very grateful to the authorities who have worked to make the indictment possible and is hopeful “justice will ultimately prevail.”

“After almost 43 years, the law has finally caught up with Robert Morris for the horrific crimes he committed against me as a child,” said Clemishire, now 55.

“Now, it is time for the legal system to hold him accountable.”

The AP typically does not name people who say they have been sexually assaulted, but Clemishire said she would like her name included.

Morris was known to be politically active. The church hosted President Donald Trump on its Dallas campus in 2020 for a discussion on race relations and the economy.

Morris could face up to 20 years in prison for each of the five charges, according to the attorney general’s office.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS5 hours ago

Headlines:Prince Harry’s net worth in 2025: How much has he made since his Royal exit…mores news

ROYAL FAMILY6 hours ago

Breaking:Charity boss accused of ‘playing the race card’ in Prince Harry row….read more

NFL10 hours ago

Exclusive News:Taylor Swift Loses to Kim Kardashian on Forbes Billionaires List.see more.

NFL11 hours ago

EXCLUSIVE: ALISON BOSHOFF ‘Grief-stricken’ Prince Harry feels ‘like he’s had one of his fingers cut off’ amid charity chaos, as his friends reveal ‘he’s in total shock’.see more

NFL11 hours ago

Breaking News: 0:09 / 0:09 New Mock Draft Has Dolphins Upgrading Defensive LineNew Mock Draft Has Dolphins Upgrading Defensive Line Chiefs’ Travis Kelce And Taylor Swift Focus On Major Relationship Realization….see more

NFL11 hours ago

Breaking new : Harry charity engulfed by cash fears, insiders claim…See More

NFL2 weeks ago

Megachurch founder and Trump ally to surrender on child sexual abuse charges

NFL3 weeks ago

BREAKING: Baby Number Three on the Horizon! Serena Williaacms and Husband Alexis Ohanian Announce Their Exciting Pregnancy with a Stunning Photo Revealing Serena’s Bump, as Alexis Shares, ‘We’re over the moon to grow our team!’

NFL3 weeks ago

What happened to 26 year old Karate Kid Jaden Smith? How sad! It was with a heavy heart that we announced when he was confirmed to join…See details

NEWS4 weeks ago

30 Minutes Ago: “Trump Takes a Tumble: U.S. President Donald Trump Falls to the Ground While Exiting The White House for a Speech” – Trump in CRITICAL CONDITION

CELEBRITY4 weeks ago

SHE ATE ME: ”Liv Morgan ordered Triple H to permanently ban a WWE female star after a vulgar act during a live broadcast left all viewers blushing, ‘She put my face in that place”.The act…See more

CELEBRITY4 weeks ago

BREAKING : Lia Thomas Banned from Competing in the 2025 Olympics, Officials Say She Must “Swim with Men”…See More

Copyright © 2024 USmagazine24