Connect with us

NEWS

Chiefs HC Andy Reid Reacts to TE Travis Kelce’s Request for Large Workload

Published

on

Chiefs HC Andy Reid Reacts to TE Travis Kelce’s Request for Large Workload

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid heard about tight end Travis Kelce’s request for a large workload this upcoming season and is in full support of what the 34-year-old future Hall of Famer wants.
“I don’t know if we’re going to back off on his time. If he wants to be worn out, we can help him with that,” Reid said during his press conference on June 13.
Kelce, who will turn 35 in October, let it be known during his media availability on June 11 that he wants the same workload he’s been receiving in recent years despite now entering his mid-30s.
“Wear and tear me, baby. I’m ready for it, man. Put the load on me,” Kelce said. “I love being accountable for these — the men and women in this building, Chiefs Kingdom. I love the aspect of ‘everybody count on me to try to make a play for the team.’ Just doing the right things out on the field and better judgment for the team. I don’t think anything from last year put more miles on me, made me less of a player, I think it was all-in-all just focus, being my own worst critic, [and] capitalizing on situations that I should have.”

Chiefs HC Andy Reid Reacts to TE Travis Kelce’s Request for Large Workload

Travis Kelce Will Play Until the ‘Wheels Fall Off’
During his June 11 media availability, Kelce was once again asked about retirement and made it clear — as he has in the past — that it isn’t on his radar yet.
“I love coming to work every single day and doing this, so I am going to do it until the wheels fall off and hopefully that doesn’t happen anytime soon,” Kelce said. “I can’t put a time frame on it, man … Obviously I know that there’s opportunities outside of football for me and I think you’ve got to keep in perspective that I’m still a little kid when I come into this building. I know I’m 34 years old, about to be 35, but I have a love to do this right here in the middle of the heat in June.”
With some better talent around him on offense and a three-peat being the mission for the Chiefs this upcoming season, it comes as no surprise that Kelce is motivated to continue playing.

Chiefs HC Andy Reid Reacts to TE Travis Kelce’s Request for Large Workload

Chris Jones Not Letting Travis Kelce Retire Soon
Chiefs All-Pro defensive tackle Chris Jones, 29, was also asked about retirement and let it be known that it hasn’t even crossed his mind.
“Once you begin to think about things like that, you’re getting to feed the mind those types of thoughts,” Jones said during his press conference on June 12. “I don’t even want my mind to even go that far to the R word.”
Despite being several years younger than Kelce, Jones wants to finish his career alongside the veteran tight end.
“He’s got like four or five more years and what is he talking about, right?” Jones said of Kelce talking about retirement. “We can’t let TK go. It’s like we retire, we’ve got to retire together. Give me at least six, four years, then we’ll talk about it.”

Click to comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Breaking News: Andy Reid shared how his parents' retirement stories impact his philosophy today.
NEWS1 week ago

Breaking News: Andy Reid shared how his parents’ retirement stories impact his philosophy today.

Fans captured a video of Travis Kelce and Taylor swift in a Johan Cruijff Arena, making this unnecessary conclusion about there marriage.
CELEBRITY1 week ago

Fans captured a video of Travis Kelce and Taylor swift in a international Eras Tour concert., making this unnecessary conclusion about there marriage.

Prince Harry announced that wife Meghan Markle is pregnant pix
CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Breaking News: Congratulations To The Royal Family: Prince Harry announced that wife Meghan Markle is pregnant, Baby no.3

Travis Kelce romantic $45 million proposal leaves Taylor Swift overjoyed
NEWS2 weeks ago

“We’re getting married on Thanksgiving Day” — Taylor Swift’s marriage plans with Travis Kelce get major update

Donna Kelce Admits She Wasnt a Swiftie Before Hanging with Taylor Swift, Kylie kelce and Jason and Travis Kelce
CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Taylor Swift has the marriage approval of Travis Kelce’s mom Donna – but from the sister-in-law who gives him dating advice, his NFL star brother and a dad who ‘NEVER fed them vegetables’, meet the rest of the family who are for and against the marriage of pop princess Taylor Swift

Travis Kelce parents, Ed Kelce and Donna Kelce plan on meeting Taylor Swift parents
NEWS2 weeks ago

Exclusive : Travis Kelce’s parents, Ed Kelce and Donna Kelce plan on meeting Taylor Swift’s parents for Marriage preparation as dad Ed Kelce warns son Travis on the outcome of delay…

Patrick Mahomes and Brittany Matthews Announce We're Pregnant
NEWS2 weeks ago

JUST IN: Patrick Mahomes officially announced that wife Brittany Mahomes is pregnant, Baby no.3… Congratulations to the Mahomes family

Travis Kelce propose to Taylor Swift after winning the Super Bowl
NEWS2 weeks ago

Hurray, Travis Kelce brings joy to the NFL world as he finally proposes to Taylor Swift with an astonishing $14 million ring. The proposal reportedly took place in a private and intimate setting with close friends and family present to share in the joyous occasion…

Taylor Swift 4 Houses, Ranked
NEWS2 weeks ago

Breaking News: LOOK’ Taylor Swift buys edifice mansion worth $652m , breaks record after Gisele Bündchen.. NFL Criticize her for spending much on house and not helping the needy ..See Photos

Travis Kelce disclosed his wedding plans with Taylor Swift saying, "if I don't marry what did I gained" as the promised to proposed to her on 25th August,2024", finalize with this Touching reasons.
CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Travis Kelce disclosed his wedding plans with Taylor Swift saying, “if I don’t marry Taylor what did I gained” as he promised to proposed to her on 25th August,2024″, finalize with this Touching reasons.

Prince Harry’s ‘touching’ reason for moving back to UK with Meghan Markle
NEWS2 weeks ago

Prince Harry’s ‘touching’ reason for moving back to UK with Meghan Markle

Whoopi Goldberg addresses Prince William dance moves at Taylor Swift Eras Tour and Kate Middleton
NEWS2 weeks ago

Whoopi Goldberg finally addresses Prince William’s dance moves at Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour amidst Kate Middleton angry reaction